Support Youth Worker
East Side Youth Centre
East Side Youth Centre Lead Youth Worker
Assist the Lead Youth Worker to provide a safe, fun and welcoming environment for ESYC members. To create opportunities for social development encouraging them to experience and participate in new ideas, activities and events.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support and offer encouragement to the young people to participate in the youth work activities.
- To build relationships with the young people in order to develop informal educational opportunities.
- To participate in all tasks required to run the youth provision, e.g. run the tuck shop, arrange the provision of activities etc.
- To challenge inappropriate and oppressive behaviour such as bullying, racism and sexism.
- To be involved in the planning of the youth work programme and events in consultation with young people, ESYC management committee, and other youth workers.
- To complete and update necessary records involved with the youth work sessions.
- To work as part of a team.
- To be aware of the ESYC's aims, organisational values and behaviours and their impact on this post.
- To carry out the duties of the post in accordance with the ESYC's policies.
- To carry out all duties and responsibilities with reasonable care for the health and safety of you and any other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work and to co-operate fully with the ESYC's in health and safety matters.
This job description will be subject to regular review and the ESYC's reserve the right to amend or add to the duties listed.
This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Due to the sensitive nature of the duties the post holder will be expected to undertake a criminal record check as part of the recruitment process.